Data Officer (1 post) - CDCI, Ifakara
The Data Officer will be in-charge of the quality and integrity of data at a research cohort based in Ifakara.
Position: Data Offcer
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: June 15th 2022
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to work as a Data Officer. The individual will be in charge of the Quality Control/Assurance of the KIULARCO data, ensure good data quality and integrity and will coordinate data collection and processing as assigned by the statistician(s). The individual must be able to manage data according to the National AIDS Control Program and the Kilombero and Ulanga Antiretroviral Cohort (KIULARCO). They will also support data management of other research projects with the collaboration of the existing research platform of the Kilombero and Ulanga Antiretroviral Cohort (KIULARCO).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of KIULARCO, NACP, other research databases of CDCI and collaborative projects (supervising correct data entry by other team members, quality control, data extraction).
- Responsible for addressing KIULARCO and/or NACP Data Queries.
- Assist in the development of research proposals on HIV/AIDS.
- Assist in ongoing KIULARCO projects with data queries.
- Participate in writing of publication within KIULARCO.
- Prepare the KIULARCO monthly and annual reports.
- Prepare HIV care/ART quarterly report for the district/national authorities.
- Lead journal clubs and contribute to quality control sessions.
- Attend and/or conduct all compulsory CDCI and IHI meetings.
- Attend, when necessary, any seminar, meeting, workshop, training, conference or activities organized by the GoT, MOH, regional, district and major implementing partners.
- Assist to plan, coordinate, and support research activities organized by IHI and other partners.
- Perform any additional task assigned by the PL and/or site director of IHI and/or director of SFRH and/or project statistician’s essential requirements.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Data Management or Statistics or related field.
- Working knowledge of STATA, the CTC2 Database, MYSQL and/or OpenMRS is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in data management is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
- Good/Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Interest in Research.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Wednesday, June 15th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: DATA MANAGER – CDCI. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania