Statistician (1 post) - CDCI, Ifakara
The statistician will process, analyze and interpret data; and prepare reports for research projects in cohort.
Position: Statistician (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: June 15th 2022
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to work as a Statistician. The individual position will supervise and manage the Quality Control Assurance of the KIULARCO data according to the Kilombero and Ulanga Antiretroviral Cohort (KIULARCO) and the National AIDS Control Program. The individual will participate in data processing, analysis, and interpretation and will also be required to prepare reports for different research projects within the Kilombero and Ulanga Antiretroviral Cohort (KIULARCO) as assigned by Senior Project Statisticians. The individual must be able to develop their own research within KIULARCO and participate in Grant proposal writing and must be ready to support analysis of other research projects within the collaboration institutions of IHI and SFH.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of KIULARCO, NACP, and other research databases of CDCI and collaborative projects (supervising correct data entry by other team members, quality control, data extraction, data analysis) with close collaboration with the Data Manager.
- Oversee the addressing of KIULARCO and/or NACP Data Queries.
- Facilitate the development of research proposals on HIV/AIDS, comorbidities and chronic care models.
- Assist ongoing KIULARCO projects with data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and participate in the writing of publications within KIULARCO and collaborative projects.
- Supervise the preparation of HIV care/ART quarterly reports for the district/national authorities and the KIULARCO monthly and annual report.
- Active participation in journal clubs and contributing to quality control sessions.
- Train the team through presentations and individual consultations on statistical concepts.
- Attend and/or conduct all compulsory CDCI and IHI meetings.
- Attend, when necessary, any seminar, meeting, workshop, training, conference or activities organized by the GoT, MOH, regional, district and major implementing partners.
- Assist to plan, coordinate, and support research activities organized by IHI and other partners.
- Perform any additional task by the PL and/or site director of IHI and/or director of SFRH and/or project statistician.
Qualification and Experience
- Master of Science in statistics or epidemiology.
- Working knowledge of a statistical package, preferably STATA advantage.
- Prior experience in data analysis for at least 2 years.
- Previous employment/volunteer ship in a research institution is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to do data analysis with at least 2 or more peer-reviewed publications.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Interest in Research.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Wednesday, June 15th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: STATISTICIAN – CDCI. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania