Administrative Officer (1 post) - Dar
The Administrative Officer will perform administrative, secretarial and office management duties.
Position: Administrative Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: September 12, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, print and maintain key official documents at the Mwananyamala TB clinic.
- Ensure all study-related forms are properly and accurately filed.
- Update recruitment logs and coordinate storage of the logs in a secured environment.
- Oversee the preparation of participant files, including ensuring there are enough laboratory commodities in the sample collection room at the clinic.
- Coordinate and manage imprest requests and retirements for project staff.
- Oversee patient compensation and transportation of patients from satellite sites.
- Respond to queries, concerns and issues raised by the supervisor/principal investigator or a monitor.
- Ensure that participants’ privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- Oversee all field activities done at a site.
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and actively participate in all meetings.
- Provide health education to study participants.
- Ensure the study is done according to the working protocol and adherence to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Maintain a close professional relationship with government officials in key study areas.
- Oversee that a study site is properly arranged and has enough supplies for daily activities.
- Work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
Degree in Public administration, records management or human resource management, business administration, or equivalent.
Skills and Competencies
- GCP qualifications, experience in clinical research including office management.
- Excellent computer skills including Ms. Office tools.
- Must adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, September 12th, 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER – TB CLINIC. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania