Nursing Officer (1 post) - Dar
The Nursing Officer will play a key role in the provision of research nursing services, day-to-day planning and execution of clinical study activities.
Position: Nursing Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: September 12, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and contribute to the design of data collection tools such as source documents and case report forms.
- Educate volunteers in a study by using approved study information tools.
- Obtain informed consent from the study participants or their parents/guardians.
- Performs and documents vital signs and anthropometry assessments.
- Collect and label blood, serum, urine and other specimens from study participants for analyses as described in the protocol or as requested by study clinicians.
- Assist senior study nurse in developing workflow procedures and duty roster during clinical trial implementation.
- Administer Investigational Products (IP) and non-IP medications and procedures under the guidance of a study clinician.
- Assist in resolving problems relating to volunteer care and act as a volunteer advocate.
- Give counsel to volunteers with respect to medical conditions and provide appropriate guidance related to research activities.
- Assess patient needs in order to diagnose, plan and implement appropriate nursing care for participants in clinical trials in accordance with the treatment guidelines.
- Track vital signs and carry out regular checks on a patient’s wellbeing.
- Monitor treatment plans, evaluate and advise/ make appropriate recommendations to the Medical Officer or relevant officer as required.
- Ensure all study participants are aware of their rights and have signed consent forms.
- Collect and document data as defined in the study protocols.
- Maintain relevant medical records on participants, treatment, etc. as required.
- Generate and draft nursing reports as may be required from time to time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the PI.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma or degree in Nursing and Midwife.
- Proven experience in working in a clinical trial setting.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient IV and phlebotomy skills.
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- Attentive to detail, willing to take and follow instructions and learn.
- Proactive and confident with strong ethics.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and with high integrity.
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance.
- Experience with computer programs at least intermediate level with Microsoft Office products.
- Fine manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and hardworking.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Must adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, September 12th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: NURSING OFFICER – TB CLINIC. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania