Project Accountant (1 post) - Dar
The Project Accountant will be responsible of day-to-day management of projects' accounts.
Position: Project Accountant (1 post)
Reports To: Senior Projects Management Accountant
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: April 27th 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare projects reports as per the funding partners’ requirements.
- Provide monthly projects financial status reports to projects leaders (and whenever needed).
- Prepare and submit monthly cash and budget balances to the Senior Projects Management Accountant.
- Prepare annual and quarterly updated projects’ cash flow report and submit the same to the Senior Projects Management Accountant for institutional compilation.
- Prepare and submit quarterly projects reconciliation report to the Senior Projects Management Accountant for review.
- Provide information requested by funding partners in liaison with the Senior Projects Management Accountant (i.e., Financial Reports, Projections, Copies of Vouchers etc.).
- Initiate payments and process them with regard to budgets and proper ledger accounts.
- Prepare monthly projects personnel bills and submit to the Senior Projects Management Accountant for review, consolidation and posting.
- Keep records of daily movements of projects transactions (Projects subsidiary ledgers).
- Work with projects leaders to review budgets before submitting the same to the grants and contracts team.
- Control projects expenditures against budgets.
- Verify and capture imprest retirements.
- Keep track and record of all projects fixed assets – in the respective project fixed asset register.
- Keep copies of donor contracts (soft and hard copies) and all projects’ reports (i.e., custodian of projects documents).
Qualification and Experience
- First degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounts or Finance; a certification in Accounts will be an added advantage.
- Projects Management skills will be an added advantage.
- Customer service skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Cooperative attitude.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Experience in donors’ accounting procedures (USAID/CDC, EU, EDCTP, WT, The Global Fund, BMGF, IDRC, GCC, DFID, WHO, etc.).
- Literate in Microsoft office program specifically excel, word and power point.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and should be able to communicate with Projects Leaders and Donors.
- Fluent in both English and Swahili languages.
- Team Player; customer services oriented; self-motivated; and quality result oriented.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Wednesday, April 27th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT – FINANCE, DAR. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania