Dietician (1 post) - Bagamoyo
The Dietician will work in the metabolic kitchen to oversee the accurate preparation and serving of meals to study participants.
Position: Dietician (1 post)
Reports To: Co-Investigator/Nutritionist
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: April 27th 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Weigh, measure prepare and cook foods, beverages, and nutrition supplements using established protocols for research diet preparation according to the specific research diet plan.
- Collect all unconsumed foods, weigh and record to allow calculations of the uneaten portion.
- Collect/record food intake of the subjects as per research protocol through 24-hour diet recall and validated food frequency questionnaire - identifying their food preferences, dislikes and likes.
- Carefully monitor compliance of subjects, at all times and especially during feeding and meals times to identify problems of compliance, correct these problems and alert the Research Nutritionist when any deviation occurs.
- Conduct daily/weekly inventory and order food and supplies to support metabolic kitchen operations as required
- Collect data and maintain all records pertaining to food production and consumption and metabolic assessments.
- Organize activities for the subjects and develop appropriate nutrition-related educational materials and delivery of nutritional education to individual subjects as well as group education programs.
- Perform other duties as specified by the clinical trial core team.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Home Economics and nutrition with demonstrated skill in cooking other than for family.
- Work experience of at least 1 year is preferred.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications that may include, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of any statistical software will be an advantage but not essential.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently as much as possible and follow precedents and procedures.
- Teamwork, problem-solving skills and ability to manage temper.
- Willingness to learn and be innovative.
- Good communication skills and ability to understand and communicate with colleagues, subjects and relatives.
- Maintains strong and effective working relationship with co-workers as well as other department or patient care staff.
- Good writing and organizational skills to write up daily summary reports and maintain diet data records.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Wednesday, April 27th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include; DIETICIAN – MM4MN PROJECT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania